Monday, October 28, 2013

Simple Fall Decorating

I have always enjoyed decorating my house with seasonal touches. However, each season it seems to get harder to do. Life is busy with my little ones and decorating gets pushed to the bottom of the list. This fall was no exception. Just last week, I swapped out some of the more summery decor for some touches of fall.



I know some people are not seasonal decorators. You have your decor and you stick to it year-round. That's fine if it works for you, but it isn't hard to make some changes to get your house "dressed" for a new season.


A lot of it has to do with color. There are definitely colors that come to mind when we think of a particular season. Adding in or swapping things out for more seasonal colors instantly transforms your decor. I don't have a whole lot of "fall" decorations. I do have a few pumpkins and small things that say "Fall" or "Harvest", but other than that, I decorate with fall colors-oranges, browns, rust, gold, etc. Even small additions and changes can make a big difference.




Also, purchasing some small pumpkins and gourds is an easy way to decorate your home this time of year.


What about you? Has fall arrived at your house yet?

1 comment:

  1. I finally got organized enough to have a bin per holiday... I actually decorated for halloween, and then on Nov 1, decorated for Thanksgiving! I feel so on top of things - thanks for the motivation!!!

    ReplyDelete